Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm not typically a clumsy person...

...I think the track hates me! I don't think I should go there anymore.


I get hurt there.

It's happened three times now... in the last four events. That's not good averaging.

The first time, at our first test and tune, I tripped while trying to get off a picnic table bench. Along with the cool looking black eye (click here to see it)  I got from hitting my face on the concrete, I hurt my left hand and right knee. I also had a huge bruise...somewhere (I'd tell you, but I don't want search engines  finding my blog from the words like that).

Then a week later, on our first night race of the season, a car hit the wall, started smoking really bad and I panicked. I was sitting at the bottom bleachers and I just couldn't stand to watch what was going on out on the track, so I stated running up the stairs. Well, I missed the top step and fell to the ground. In front of everyone. I re-injured my left hand and right knee, which weren't completely healed yet. Also, I hurt my left knee and my right hand, really bad. My thumb is still swollen, hopefully it heals soon. It should be ok though, the Dr. said it's not broke.

We had another test and tune after that race, and all was well. No injuries. I sat in my car most of the time, just for protection.

Then, last night, I thought I was in the clear.

Here is Chad's version.
It was the second to the last race and I hadn't been injured yet, and since I love the attention I get from being hurt, I had to think quick. Time was running out and so I kicked a piece of steel that's sticking out of the ground next to the concession stand. I knew it was there and that would be the only reason for me to kick it.


That ought to do it...I think I can get some sympathy for this:

No comments:

Post a Comment